There is one thing Dubai is not short on and that is hotels! But with so many family friendly hotels in Dubai it can be hard to narrow it down.
There can be big variations in prices and facilities amongst the best family hotels in Dubai, so think about what you want from your family accommodation in Dubai. Are you just looking for a place to rest your heads? Or is the hotel itself also part of the experience and an important part of where to stay in Dubai with family?
In the city of glitz and glamour it is no surprise that there is an endless choice of 5 star hotels in Dubai. But don’t dismiss them too quickly as out of your budget. You will often find very good Dubai family packages at these hotels at less than you would think. And despite the luxury tag, they are welcoming to kids and you will find many Dubai hotels with kids clubs.
And while many of the best family resorts in Dubai are in the luxury range (ie. expensive), if you are visiting Dubai on a budget, you will also find plenty of good hotels in Dubai for families.
So if you are on the hunt for the best hotel for kids in Dubai, our Little City Insiders share all their insider knowledge and bring you their pick of the best child friendly hotels in Dubai, no matter what your budget.
Where is the best area to stay in Dubai with family?
The best place to stay in Dubai with family depends on whether you have come here for the beaches, shopping, sightseeing or the theme parks. If you’re not yet sure what you want out of your Dubai family holiday, check out our Things to Do in Dubai Guide.
- For catching the rays and beachside fun on your family trip to Dubai, check out the Dubai family resorts on the Palm, or around Jumeirah, JBR and the Dubai Marina areas.
- To be near the heart of the action and tourist sites, you will find plenty of Dubai hotels for kids around Dubai Downtown.
- For a more traditional Dubai and for a chance to find some budget Dubai family accommodation, then Deira, Bur Dubai and Dubai Creek are good options.
Top tips for booking a Dubai hotel
- There are plenty of extra taxes, fees and fine print to watch for when booking kid friendly hotels in Dubai. The quoted Dubai hotel prices may not include municipality tax, tourism fee and service fee – adding to 20%! There’s also a municipality room fee (20AED per room, per night). VAT of 5% should be included by law. (The Dubai Government has recently announced it is cutting some of these charges, stay tuned!)
- Some Dubai family hotels are dry – ie no alcohol in the mini bar or in the restaurants.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury family hotels in Dubai
Best mid-range family hotels in Dubai
Best cheap family hotels in Dubai
Best self-catering family apartments in Dubai
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Dubai?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Dubai with Kids“