There is one thing Dubai is not short on and that is hotels! There can be big variations in prices and facilities though, so think about what you want from your accommodation: just a place to rest your heads? Or is the hotel also part of the experience?
Where are the best areas to stay in Dubai with kids?
It depends whether you have come here for the beaches, shopping, sightseeing or the theme parks (check out our Things to Do in Dubai Guide if you’re not sure which!)
- For catching the rays and beachside fun, stay on the Palm, or around Jumeirah, JBR and the Dubai Marina areas.
- To be near the heart of the action and tourist sites, stay around Dubai Downtown.
- For a more traditional Dubai and to save a little, Deira, Bur Dubai and Dubai Creek are good options.
Top tips for booking a Dubai hotel
- There are plenty of extra taxes, fees and fine print to watch for. The quoted room rate may not include municipality tax, tourism fee and service fee – adding to 20%! There’s also a municipality room fee (20AED per room, per night). VAT of 5% should be included by law. (The Dubai Government has recently announced it is cutting some of these charges, stay tuned!)
- Some hotels are dry – ie no alcohol in the mini bar or in the restaurants.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies
Best luxury hotels in Dubai
Best mid-range hotels in Dubai
Best budget hotels in Dubai
Best self-catering accommodation in Dubai
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Dubai?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Dubai with Kids“