There is a good choice of family hotels in Hong Kong, from big chain brands to lesser-known boutique hotels. Hong Kong is a densely populated city and therefore many hotels are high-rise. Usually, the more expensive rooms are higher up in the hotel, giving them the best views, with a harbour view the most sought after.
Hong Kong excels in luxury accommodation but there are also several good options in the mid-range and budget markets too.
Where are the best areas to stay in Hong Kong with kids?
- Admiralty: Admiralty is a popular area to stay in Hong Kong for families, particularly around Pacific Place shopping mall. Here you have easy access to public transport, a good choice of restaurants and shops. It has easy access to Hong Kong park.
- Central: Central Hong Kong is where all the action is. Staying in a Central Hong Kong hotel with kids gives you plenty of dining options, plus easy access to public transport and shopping. It is busy though, and not really suitable for strollers.
- Wan Chai/Causeway Bay: Another popular area for hotels for visitors to Hong Kong due to its good public transport links. Wan Chai has a wide choice of restaurants and Causeway Bay is a shopper’s paradise.
- Tsim Sha Tsui: Over on Kowloon, Tsim Sha Tsui is where to stay for the best harbour views of Hong Kong Island. Tsim Sha Tsui is busy and bustling, with a huge range of shops and restaurants, and Central is just a star ferry ride away.
- Mongkok: Mongkok is not for the faint-hearted. When you think of busy Hong Kong with a million people jostling for space amongst street stall markets and noodle shops, this is Mongkok. A great area for the quintessential Hong Kong experience, but probably best suited for families with older children.
- Hong Kong Disneyland: If you are planning to visit Hong Kong Disneyland, make more of your experience by staying overnight in one of the Disney hotels. However, the location is not really ideal for a longer stay.
Top tips for booking a Hong Kong hotel
- A 10% service charge will often be added to your final bill.
- Higher floors tend to be more expensive in Hong Kong.
- Rooms with a harbour view are the most sought after in Hong Kong.
- Try to book a hotel close to an MTR station to make sightseeing in Hong Kong with kids easy.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Hong Kong
Best mid-range hotels in Hong Kong
Best budget hotels in Hong Kong
Best self-catering accommodation in Hong Kong
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Hong Kong?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Hong Kong with Kids“