It comes as a surprise to many just what great value for money the best family hotels in Abu Dhabi can be. For less than $200USD you can stay at some of the top luxury Abu Dhabi hotels with pools, beachfront and kids clubs in fabulously accessible locations.
Hotel rooms in Abu Dhabi tend to be large and the family is very much in mind – it’s just a matter of deciding just how many facilities you want for your budget.
Here we explore all the best Abu Dhabi family hotels, no matter what your budget. Whether you are looking for Abu Dhabi beach hotels or hotels in Abu Dhabi city, or even apartment hotels in Abu Dhabi, we’ve got you covered.
The best Abu Dhabi hotels were definitely built with the family in mind. Larger than average rooms, extensive facilities and first-class customer service are the expectation. Narrowing it down to our favourite Abu Dhabi hotels list in each category was tough!
What is the best area to stay in Abu Dhabi with kids?
There’s no one best place to stay in Abu Dhabi. We would base your choice of Abu Dhabi family hotels on what your plans are in the city.
- For beach relaxation and indulgence, look at Saadiyat Island and hotels on the Corniche.
- If the Grand Mosque is top of your list and possibly a day trip to Dubai, look for accommodation in Abu Dhabi around Bab al Bahr and the canal that connects Abu Dhabi island to the mainland.
- Leisure seekers here for the waterpark, fast cars and theme parks, should choose hotels in Yas Island.
- Listen to our Abu Dhabi with Kids City Travel podcast for more great insider tips on the best Abu Dhabi locations for families.
Top Tips for booking an Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Hotel rates in Abu Dhabi are subject to added taxes of 10% property service charge, 6% tourism fee, 4% municipality fee and 5% VAT. Double check when booking or comparing prices if these charges are included, as well as a 15AED per night municipality room fee (MRF).
- Note some hotels are dry (no on-site bar or mini bar).
- Pools can be a massive drawcard in Abu Dhabi for families. Double check they are temperature controlled though or they will be too cold in winter and too hot in summer.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi
There is definitely no shortage of Abu Dhabi 5 star hotels to choose from, so if you are after Abu Dhabi luxury hotels then you are in luck. Our pick of the best 5 star hotels in Abu Dhabi are all fantastic for families, thanks to their family friendly facilities, excellent service and spacious family hotel rooms.
Best mid-range hotels in Abu Dhabi
Even mid-range and 4 star hotels in Abu Dhabi are pretty luxurious. Without spending too much money on hotels and resorts in Abu Dhabi, you can still enjoy fantastic facilities, service and a convenient location.
Best budget hotels in Abu Dhabi
Cheap hotels in Abu Dhabi are much better quality than you will find elsewhere. Even if you book one of these Abu Dhabi budget hotels, you can still expect good family facilities and spacious accommodation.
Best hotel apartments in Abu Dhabi
Sometimes when you travel with kids it’s nice to have some extra space, with living area and the option for self-catering. Here is our pick of the best Abu Dhabi hotel apartments, which all offer plenty of space and amenities.
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Abu Dhabi?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Things to Do in Abu Dhabi with Kids”