It comes as a surprise to many just what great value for money family hotels in Abu Dhabi can be. For less than $200USD you can stay at top luxury hotels with pools, beachfront and kids clubs in fabulously accessible locations.
Rooms tend to be large and the family is very much in mind – it’s just a matter of deciding just how many facilities you want for your budget.
What are the best areas to stay in Abu Dhabi with kids?
There’s no one best place to stay in Abu Dhabi. We would base your choice of family hotel in Abu Dhabi on what your plans are in the city.
- For beach relaxation and indulgence, look at Saadiyat Island and hotels along the Corniche.
- If the Grand Mosque is top of your list and possibly a day trip to Dubai, stay around Bab al Bahr and the canal that connects Abu Dhabi island to the mainland.
- Leisure seekers here for the waterpark, fast cars and theme parks, should stay on Yas Island.
Top Tips for booking an Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Abu Dhabi hotels were definitely built with the family in mind. Larger than average rooms, extensive facilities and first-class customer service are the expectation. Narrowing it down to our favourites in each category was tough!
- Rooms are subject to added taxes of 10% property service charge, 6% tourism fee, 4% municipality fee and 5% VAT. Double check when booking or comparing prices if these charges are included, as well as a 15AED per night municipality room fee (MRF).
- Note some hotels are dry (no on-site bar or mini bar).
- Pools can be a massive drawcard for family visitors. Double check they are temperature controlled though or they will be too cold in winter and too hot in summer.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi
Best mid-range hotels in Abu Dhabi
Best budget hotels in Abu Dhabi
Best self-catering accommodation in Abu Dhabi
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Abu Dhabi?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Things to Do in Abu Dhabi with Kids”