Bangkok is a great fun city to visit but it is big and sprawling and there is a big choice of family friendly hotels in Bangkok to choose from so it can be hard to narrow it down.
First you will need to decide which area to stay in Bangkok. Many people choose the banks of the Chao Praya River as the best hotel location in Bangkok, while others prefer the city lights of Siam or Sukhumvit as the best neighbourhood to stay in Bangkok. We help break it down below to help you make the right choice for your family.
No matter what your budget for your family holiday in Bangkok, we can help you find a Bangkok hotel for kids to suit you. From luxury Bangkok riverside hotels to small and friendly budget hotels in Bangkok’s infamous Khao San Road, read on to find the best family hotels in Bangkok for your Thailand family vacation.
Where is the best area to stay in Bangkok for family?
When choosing the best place to stay in Bangkok with family you first need to decide what you want from your Bangkok family holiday. Will you be spending a lot of time by the pool and therefore looking for Bangkok resorts for families? Or will you be looking to do lots of sightseeing and travelling around the city by public transport?
- Sukhumvit: This modern district is a popular choice of where to stay in Bangkok with family thanks to its easy access to shopping malls, public transport and a wide choice of restaurants.
- Siam: Another popular district for people looking for Bangkok accommodation for families, Siam is close to shopping malls and family attractions such as Kidzania and Siam Ocean World. The Skytrain makes it easy to access the rest of Bangkok.
- Riverside: Many of the top family-friendly hotels in Bangkok enjoy a riverside location. This is often chosen as the best location to stay in Bangkok for a luxury family vacation, as it offers a quieter and atmospheric place to stay. It is a handy location for exploring Bangkok by river taxi.
- Khaosan Road: The infamous Khaosan Road has made its name as a backpacker’s paradise. It is a popular area for families looking for a cheap hotels in Bangkok, and also has a wide choice of cheap restaurants, shops and street food stalls. It is also well located for visiting the historical attractions and temples.
Top tips for booking a Bangkok hotel
- Try to book a Bangkok family hotel with easy access to a Skytrain station. This will make sightseeing in Bangkok with kids much easier.
- Carry a hotel card with your Bangkok hotel address written in Thai.
- Be prepared for a 10% service charge and 7% tax to be added to your hotel bill.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury family hotels in Bangkok
Best mid-range family hotels in Bangkok
Best cheap family hotels in Bangkok
Best self-catering accommodation in Bangkok
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Bangkok?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Bangkok with Kids“