There are many family-friendly accommodation options in Lisbon, ranging from hotels to self-catering apartments. In our choice of family hotels in Lisbon, we have focused on centrally located hotels that make sightseeing easy both in Lisbon city centre and some of the city’s most interesting neighbourhoods.
All the hotels on this page have family-friendly policies or at least rooms large enough for a family of 4.
Where are the best areas to stay in Lisbon with kids?
- The central areas of Baixa and Chiado are the best for sightseeing options.
- Belem is a short tram ride away from the centre and has a lovely family friendly atmosphere.
- Alfama is famous for its charm but can prove difficult for families with very young kids because of its stroller un-friendly cobbled streets and hills.
Top tips for booking a Lisbon hotel
- If you are travelling with a baby or small children, choose a hotel in a stroller friendly area such as Baixa or Belem.
- Double check lift access or make sure you ask for a room on the ground floor: older buildings have lots of charm but are not all equipped with elevators and may prove tricky with young children or strollers.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Lisbon
Best mid-range hotels in Lisbon
Best budget hotels in Lisbon
Best self-catering accommodation in Lisbon
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Lisbon?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Lisbon with Kids”