Reykjavik offers many family-friendly options to suit most budgets. From hotels to hostels and self-catering apartments, these are our top picks of the best hotels in Reykjavik for families.
Iceland is renowned for being expensive, so booking ahead is advised. Choosing to stay in self-catering accommodation in Reykjavik will help you save money on restaurant meals.
Where are the best areas to stay in Reykjavik with kids?
- The best area for ease of sightseeing is Reykjavik city centre.
- The town centre is where most landmarks and attractions are located and can be easily discovered on foot.
Top tips for booking a Reykjavik hotel
- Accommodation in Reykjavik is expensive and advanced booking is essential.
- If travelling on a budget, consider self-catering apartments so you can save on the cost of meals.
- Staying outside of the city centre is a good value option, especially if you are renting a car.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Reykjavik
Best mid-range hotels in Reykjavik
Best budget hotels in Reykjavik
Best self-catering accommodation in Reykjavik
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Reykjavik?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Reykjavik with Kids”