Rome offers a plethora of accommodation options to suit all budgets. However, sorting out which hotels are family friendly and what areas are suitable for a family with kids can be overwhelming.
On this page, you will find our expert advice about where to stay in Rome with kids. Read on to see our pick of all the best family hotels in Rome.
Where are the best areas to stay in Rome with kids?
- For easy sightseeing, choose accommodation close to the Pantheon and the Spanish Steps.
- For charm and local atmosphere, Trastevere is a great option for family accommodation in Rome.
- For leafy suburbs and a residential feel, choose accommodation in Parioli, which has the added bonus of its proximity to the Rome zoo.
Top tips for booking a Rome hotel
- Choose the location wisely: while a hotel on the metro line may sound tempting, the commute will eat significantly into your sightseeing time and not all metro stations are stroller friendly.
- If visiting in summer, make sure the hotel has air conditioning. Despite the high temperatures, budget establishments do not necessarily offer this. (Click here to read more about the best time to visit Rome.)
- Due to fire regulations, hotels are usually unable to accommodate extra beds or occupants in one room. To families with 3 or more children, we recommend hotels with interconnecting rooms or short terms rentals.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Rome
Best mid-range hotels in Rome
Best budget hotels in Rome
Best self-catering accommodation in Rome
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Rome?