Without a doubt, Sydney is one of the most spectacular looking cities in the world and a tourist delight. However, central, family sized accommodation does come with a price tag.
Here we look at some popular, family sized inner city options and some nearby areas that might save you a few dollars.
What are the best areas to stay in Sydney with kids?
- For ferry access and the famous sites stay near or around Circular Quay or the Rocks.
- Darling Harbour is the heart of Sydney’s entertainment and tourist district, conveniently located to just about everything, with dozens of transportation options on hand.
- For waves and views, Manly and Bondi are popular suburbs but don’t forget the lesser known beaches too.
- Central Station, Surry Hills and Paddington are just outside of the CBD and offer some slightly better value for money Sydney accommodation options.
Top Tips for booking a Sydney Hotel
- Even budget options such as backpackers are likely to set you back $150USD per night minimum for a family room.
- Consider both interconnecting rooms and apartments to widen your search.
- Watch for hidden extras like in-room wifi charges (free wifi may only be available in the lobby).
- Parking charges can be extortionate and are generally not included.
- There can be a big difference between booking during peak school holiday times and off-peak (see our recommended best times to visit Sydney).
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Sydney
Best mid-range hotels in Sydney
Best budget hotels in Sydney
Best self-catering accommodation in Sydney
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Sydney?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Sydney with Kids”