Singapore is probably Asia’s most family-friendly city. It is clean with an efficient public transport system, the streets are stroller friendly and it is filled with fun family attractions and family-friendly restaurants. The only downside? It is hot and humid all year round, so take your time sightseeing!
Best time to visit Singapore
Singapore is hot and humid all year round, with average temperatures of 26-27 degrees Celsius throughout the year. While there is not much variation in the seasons, you will find that temperatures are slightly cooler in January and February and slightly hotter in the months of June, July and August. There is a rainy season from November to January.
- Singapore is hot and humid all year round.
- Temperatures are slightly cooler in January & February.
- Temperatures are slightly hotter from June to August.
- There is a rainy season from November to January.
How to get around Singapore
Singapore is a flat city with wide pavements, making it an easy city to explore on foot and with a stroller. Singapore’s public transport system is cheap, clean and efficient.
Most visitors to Singapore favour the MRT (underground/subway) but the public bus system is equally efficient. There are plenty of taxis available.
- Children up to 0.9m in height travel free on trains and buses when accompanied by a fare-paying commuter.
- Buy an EZ-Link card to save having to buy multiple tickets.
- All MRT stations have lifts, making it easy to travel with a stroller.
- Download the Explore Singapore MRT Map for route planning and street maps.
- Download the MyTransport app for real-time bus information.
Where to stay in Singapore with kids
Singapore has many fabulous family hotels to choose from. Many people visiting Singapore with kids choose to stay on Sentosa, close to all the island’s family friendly attractions and near the beach.
However if you prefer to be closer to the city centre, there is also a good selection of centrally located family friendly hotels in Singapore, where you can enjoy views of the famous Singapore skyline or be close to all the shopping malls of Orchard Road.
Top things to do in Singapore with kids
There are so many fun things to do in Singapore with kids. Here you will find several world-class family attractions such as Universal Studios, the Night Safari and one of the best zoos in the world.
Even sightseeing is fun in Singapore, with options such as river cruises, a cable car and one of the world’s tallest observation wheels to ride on. Check out our top picks of family attractions in Singapore below.
What to pack for Singapore
When choosing what to wear in Singapore, remember that the weather is hot and humid all year round and you will probably start sweating as soon as you leave the air-conditioned comfort of your hotel. So lightweight cotton clothes in Singapore are recommended.