The eclectic city of Cape Town is the perfect place to base yourself for exploring the Cape Peninsular and beyond. Cape Town accommodation ranges from classic homesteads to modern luxury, with some of the most amazing views in the world.
Where are the best areas to stay in Cape Town with kids?
- The City Bowl area is the most popular choice for visitors – including the suburbs of Woodstock, Vredehoek, Oranjezicht, Gardens, Tamboerskloof, Bo-Kaap and De Waterkant.
- The V&A Waterfront is one of the most popular choices for families with its busy working harbour and access to Robben Island, stunning Table Mountain views and plentiful shopping and dining options.
- The spectacular Atlantic Seaboard areas such as Bakoven, Camps Bay and Clifton have some magnificent views but families may find these beaches a bit wild and windy.
Top tips for booking a Cape Town hotel
- Apartments or aparthotels are a very popular family choice in Cape Town, often cheaper than booking two interconnecting rooms.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in Cape Town
Best mid-range hotels in Cape Town
Best budget hotels in Cape Town
Best self-catering accommodation in Cape Town
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in Cape Town?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in Cape Town with Kids“