There is large choice of accommodation in San Francisco, but with such a huge number of hotels, it can be hard to narrow down where is the best place to stay in San Francisco with family.
Luckily there is a good range of family friendly hotels in San Francisco, with many hotel rooms large enough to accommodate a family of 4 people or more. Read on to see our pick of all the best family hotels in San Francisco.
Where are the best areas to stay in San Francisco with kids?
- Two areas are best for family vacations in San Francisco: Union Square and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Union Square is in the centre of the city and at the heart of the action, close to the San Francisco attractions, with cafes, restaurants and a plethora of hotels.
- Fisherman’s Wharf is quieter but still very popular with tourists, thanks to the stunning views over the Bay and the small sandy beach with Golden Gate Bridge views.
- For a taste of classic San Francisco, choose elegant Nob Hill.
- SOMA is a fantastic area for foodies with some good family friendly accommodation options.
Top tips for booking a San Francisco hotel
- Accommodation in San Francisco fills up fast and is expensive.
- If you don’t mind a short commute, check out the nearby cities of Berkeley and Oakland, which are connected to the city centre by BART. These cities tend to have lower accommodation prices and offer easy access to nearby nature.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in San Francisco
Best mid-range hotels in San Francisco
Best budget hotels in San Francisco
Best self-catering accommodation in San Francisco
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in San Francisco?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in San Francisco with Kids”