With such a huge number of hotels, it can be hard to narrow down where is the best place to stay in New York with family. Luckily there is a good range of family friendly hotels in New York, with many hotel rooms large enough to accommodate a family of 4 people or more.
Read on to see our pick of all the best family hotels in New York City.
Where are the best areas to stay in New York City with kids?
- Ideally you will want to be centrally located in Manhattan for ease of sightseeing.
- Being close to Central Park is a bonus when considering a family hotel in New York.
- Staying in Midtown Manhattan will put you in walking distance of many of New York’s most famous tourist sights.
- Being located close to a subway station will make getting around New York with kids easier.
Top tips for booking a New York City hotel
- Hotels in Midtown Manhattan tend to be more expensive. If you are trying to save money, try uptown or downtown.
- January and February are the best months for hotel deals.
- September through December are the most expensive months for New York City hotel rates.
- Business hotels often have good deals at weekends.
- Hotel taxes of 14.75% + a $3.50 per night city occupancy tax will be added to your hotel bill.
- Compare rates on hotelscombined.com before you book as rates can vary between booking companies.
Best luxury hotels in New York City
Best mid-range hotels in New York City
Best budget hotels in New York City
Best self-catering accommodation in New York City
Want to know how we’ve selected our family-friendly hotels? Come and learn our secret formula for a happy hotel visit!
Looking for things to do while you’re in New York City?
No worries we have you covered for that too, jump over to our “Top Things to Do in New York City with Kids“